Saturday 10 January 2009

The run down

Ok, so day one into the project. I went outside to take photo's of the area, although it was so cold I decided only to take pictures of the opening area. Im going to be uploading them to an album that will be a slideshow on the right. All reference photo's will go into that slideshow. I will probably make another slideshow for images of designs, and eventually one for in-game screenshots.

This is for showing what the area in real life looks like so you can compare how closely I was able to redo it. That being said, using custom textures and making replicas of each house wont be possible as that would require too much downloading by the player, although we'll see about this situation once I get to that point. Instead I'll be building approximations inside Hammer (the level editor) using existing assests from the game. So these pictures can be taken as a rough guide more than something I can carbon copy into the game.

The next stages will be me making photoshop versions of my designs for the campaign, as at the moment its all on paper ontop of maps from the area. Also I have to make part of a level to see how well it scales, i.e. how long it takes a player to cover the amount of ground I plan for them to reach the end of each level, this will effect how long the campaign will be and where my planned finale point will be. At the moment I have two possible locations, I really like the second, longer version, as the area is perfect for it. You'll find out more when I upload the plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment