Tuesday 17 February 2009

Campaign Summery

I thought I would post the route of the actual campaign, I have posted the route of the first level but as yet have not shared my plan for the rest of the campaign. I have had the route planned for quite a while now sat on my desk in a rather informal form, i.e. a print out I drew on. This is defiantly not to be taken as gospel as it will undoubtedly change as I add and take away from the levels as I build them to give a better play experience.
However, this is the plan that I am working to and is the basis for the project. I have provided small annotations to give you an idea what to expect in each level as you probably wont be able to see very clearly the finer details of the environment given the resolution and the fact that I've drawn a line straight through it. The annotations are just a small note of key features of the level.
Each level contains something different in environment to the last, although they carry the same theme, hopefully giving a nice variety to each level but maintaining continuity. If anything looks too "samey" now, I will defiantly be spicing things up later on with scripted sequences and unexpected passages.
Anyway, enjoy this route summary of the campaign.

From Deadford Designs

2 comments:

  1. Sweetness, going to be interesting seeing a real life map

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for a playable iteration, I'd like to see how you manage the space. I find building after the real world to be particular challenge in this game, striking a balance between the limitations of the source engine and the inherent design mechanics imposed by the rules of L4D. I constantly find myself questioning whether the design decisions I make are actually for the good of gameplay, or just to feed my own desire for accuracy.

    Keep up the work, hope to see more very soon.

    ReplyDelete